Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I color/cut /style a Rhythm Wig?
- Do you offer U-part or frontals?
- Are Rhythm Wigs ready to wear?
- How long will my wigs last?
- Why does matting happen and will this hair mat?
- Do Rhythm Wigs have a ‘factory’ smell?
- Should I expect my wig to shed?
- How do I care for my wig?
- Can I straighten the hair?
- Where are Rhythm Wigs made?
- What kind of hair is used to make Rhythm Wigs?
- What does “SIY” or Style-It-Yourself mean?
- Do you offer distributorship?
- Is there a US location where your hair can be purchased?
- Is this really what it costs to have a premium kinky/curly wig?
- Do wigs propagate the belief that Black women do not love and embrace their natural hair?
- What are the special features and benefits of Rhythm Wigs?
- Can I color/cut /style a Rhythm Wig? Definitely! You will be impressed by the variety you can achieve with your Rhythm Wigs. Unlike synthetic hair or previously chemically processed hair, your Rhythm Wig can be colored and styled in twists/twist outs, braids/braid outs, as you treat your own hair. Check out some options in the pictures on this website. Like your own hair, coloring may loosen the curl pattern a bit due to the bleach and other chemicals in most dyes and results can be unexpected so keep that in mind, test first and take responsibility for the result.
- Do you offer U-part or frontals? Closures offer the best combination of a natural look and easy to wear. U-part wigs require knowledge of how to create natural looking leave-outs while frontals need some level of skill to create a natural hairline without damaging your natural hair.
- Are Rhythm Wigs ready to wear? Yes. Your Rhythm Wig will be delivered double washed, conditioned, customized lace closure, cut to style (if Ready-To-Wear is selected), colored (if selected). Just shake out, fluff to desired look and go! The A Love Supreme Ready-to-Wear style will be delivered curled with pin curls.
- How long will my wigs last? You must handle your wigs with care to prolong the life of your investment. Because Rhythm Wigs are made using 100% virgin remy human hair, it will respond to how well it is cared for, how it is washed, how often and in what conditions it is worn, etc. Under the best circumstances, it can last years. There may be a need to have it tightened or replace the closure after 4-6 months of heavy wear. See Rhythm Wigs Care Services.
- Why does matting happen and will this hair mat? Matting in lesser quality hair, even human hair, usually occurs because no care is taken to keep the hair strands running in a single direction (root to end) while it is being processed. The result is that the hair strands tangle together and become near impossible to untangle. Rhythm Wigs are made using 100% virgin remy human hair. This minimizes matting with proper care.
- Do Rhythm Wigs have a ‘factory’ smell? Oh ‘that’ smell! No, we hate it too! After receiving the hair thoroughly cleansed at the factory, we triple clean and condition the hair to make it feel and smell wonderful. We partner with another Black woman-owned company Hairizon Beauty Bar for the natural sulfate-free products and a custom-designed scent called “Rhythm”.
- Should I expect my wig to shed? Yes, some level of shedding should be expected with all wigs/hair especially kinky/curly textures. You must handle your wigs with care to prolong the life of your investment. However, all Rhythms Wigs have the added quality of lined closures and small stitching to minimize shedding. In most cases, any shedding will reduce after the first few washes. See Rhythm Wigs Care Instructions for recommended maintenance.
- How do I care for my wig? In a word, gently. See Rhythm Wigs Care Instructions for recommended maintenance.
- Can I straighten the hair? You can, but we suggest only doing so with care on the Kinky Straight texture. It creates a beautiful healthy straight (not bone straight) look. The steam (heat) processing that creates the other curly hair textures can loosen if you add heat to remove the curl. Just like our own natural hair, this hair is also susceptible to heat damage and loss of curl pattern.
- Where are Rhythm Wigs made? Every Rhythm Wig is designed and machine sewn by trained professionals at our company HeadSpace NC in North Carolina. We know you’re busy and have discerning tastes so we make sure our wigs are made with attention to detail.
- What kind of hair is used to make Rhythm Wigs? Rhythm Wigs are made using 100% virgin remy human hair. Remy means that all the hair strands flow in the same direction, from root to ends. This nearly eliminates the matting that occurs with some of the lower quality hair on the market. Virgin means that the natural hair is not chemically processed. The hair is sourced from credible and tested vendors from India.
- What does “SIY” or Style-It-Yourself mean? To give customers more options, you may order your Rhythm Wig at it’s full length (not cut into a style) at a lower price. This allows you to wear it at the full lengths indicated or have your own stylist cut to your desired style.
- Do you offer distributorship? Not at this time, but we’re considering distributorship in the near future. Please leave your contact information on our Contact Us page. Thank you
- Is there a physical US location where Rhythm Wigs can be purchased? Yes, Rhythm Wigs can be purchased by appointment only from North Carolina locations. Please contact us at Scheduling@headspacenc.com. It is our intention to have affiliates across the United States over time. Let us know where you want us next by sending an email to Affiliates@headspacenc.com. Thanks for your support.
- Is this really what it costs to have a premium kinky/curly wig? Yes, and much more. Rhythm Wigs provide tremendous value for the price, yet they are hundreds of dollars below many high quality 100% virgin remy human hair wigs. Our primary focus is to build a loyal customer base of the women that we want to serve. Our goal is to give beautifully easy hair options to culturally conscious Black women 40 & older. We believe that when you do what you love and serve others, success will follow. Compare our features and benefits and you will soon see that our prices rank in the low to mid range.
- Do wigs propagate the belief that Black women do not love and embrace their natural hair? Fair question. We reject the assumption that Black women who choose to wear wigs do so to deny their natural hair. The fact is we happen to look amazing in all styles and textures of hair. There are many reasons why women make hair choices, from frivolous to medical, and it can change daily. Rhythm Wigs was founded with three guiding motives: knowledge of our hair history, to allow our natural hair to rest (it’s preferred state) and to promote the kinky/curly natural hair aesthetic. For more, please read Rhythmwigs – OurStory.
- What are the special features and benefits of Rhythm Wigs?
|What we include (Feature)||How does it help you (Benefit)|
Lined lace closures
Lace color closely matches scalp
|Natural look (no ‘wiggy-ness’)|
|Lined lace closures
|Long wear & durability|
|Ventilated wig cap||Scalp can breathe
Not as hot as other caps
Access to scalp